Friday night I met Fariena at Il Fornello's at Queen's Quay for dinner. She had her company boat cruise that day and Russ and the kids had gone to the trailer for a few days. It was a beautiful evening. I came home and spent a quiet night in while Raju went out with his friends.
Saturday we woke up early and did some puttering around the house before heading out for brunch with Diana and Mahi and Joy Bistro. I really like it there. Normally I eat the Eggs Benedict (in some form with spinach or salmon depending on my mood) but this time I felt like french toast. I also managed to eat home fries off of everyone else's plate. As always, it was great food with great company.
Afterwards Raju and I headed to IKEA. I've wanted to get our bedroom set-up and we decided to start with the bed. I'm not too worried about spending a lot of money on the bed frame so I was happy to get a cheaper one from IKEA and spend the money on a good mattress. We arrived at IKEA around 12:00 so I thought it would be crazy. Saturday, summer sale and all. However was pleasantly surprised that it was not busy at all. I didn't really see a lot of things on sale but there were some items. Raju has been pushing for a king size bed while I have been leaning towards a queen, however after a bit of looking we decided on the King Size bed. While we were there and getting items delivered, we also decided to pick up a book shelf for the basement. We had everything delivered later in the afternoon as it was cheaper than having it delivered the next day.
Today we woke up on a mission. First stop, dropping of our garbage at the closest dump. We encountered the nicest strikers. They guided us where to take our car, instructed us where to put our garbage and told us to have a nice day (sincerely). Aside from having to take our garbage there it was a very nice experience. Then it was off to the grocery store to pick up some items for lunch fixings as Camilla, the boys (Ryan and Jack), her friend Nicole (visiting from Bali), Fariena and kids (Callum and Kira) were coming over. Back at home, lunch preparations began and Raju cleaned. We took a break to head to Sleep Country for opening time (11:00a.m.) to find a mattress set. We were fortunate that they had some on sale. After trying out 6 beds we decided on the first one we tried. When we went to pay for it, we found out that it was the same as "The Heavenly Beds" found at The Westin, Sheraton etc. I was even happier when I found that out because I love them. We also got it for a great price so I thought it was well worth it. It comes in next week, so that gives me a some time to get new sheets and possibly even paint the bedroom. We stopped in at Canadian Tire for some tiles for the basement. Raju pulled up the carpet and decided we should put these down. Unfortunately we did not calculate correctly and had to return later in the day (after all the guests departed) to get enough to finish it up.
The kids were fun as usual. Ryan is using more words so it's almost possible to have a small conversation with him. Jack managed to stay awake longer than 5 minutes so I was able to play with him for a bit too.
It was great to see Nicole again. She became friends with Camilla in University and has become like one of our sisters. She has been travelling a lot and has decided to land in Bali. That will have to be one of our future destinations to visit. Great seeing you Nicole! Hope to see you again soon.
1 comment:
That's hilarious! Ron and I have THE Heavenly Bed too!! (yet another thing we have in common Ms. Saads)
:)
Post a Comment