Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 28 and 29

Yesterday was my favourite workout...no squats of lunges. On weekends it's one of the first things I do, so I can get on with my day. It was really rainy, so I didn't get out of the house. I had been thinking about going to the mall to find something to wear to Sally's stagette, but really couldn't muster up the energy to get wet. I puttered around the house doing some cleaning. I went through my closet and finally got rid of some items that just did not look flattering anymore and I realized I was never going to get back into.
After eating lunch, I decided I should take a nap so I would last throughout the evening. When I woke up, it was time to get moving and get ready for the night. I found something in my closet and was ready for Gerwyn and the girls to pick me up at 5:30p.m. Our night started at Wah Sing. I have read about the girls going here for years and I have never had the pleasure myself, so it was my first experience. It was pretty yummy and the lobster was good, but not too different than other Chinese food I had. The company was great though, so my experience was fantastic. I have to admit one of the best things about the meal was my can of coke (I decided to have another cheat day).
Once we had filled our tummies it was off to Grace O'Malley's for the start of Sally's great send off. The drinks were flowing and the brides were plentiful (3 on our bus). We hung out there for a couple of hours and then it was on to the limo bus for our ride around town. As we were driving we had a 'special' visitor join us on the bus for a show. That's all I'm going to say about that. The first bar we stopped at was Crocodile Rock. As we were getting off the bus and everyone was pulling out ID's, I realized that I did not have mine. I felt like a bit of a loser as I know it's a must to get into bars. Fortunately the organizer got me in with no problem. We danced for an hour and then headed on to Devil's Martini. This was a bit more challenging to get into. I have to say that I understand policy but what I don't understand is why people have to be so rude about it. Some doormen need to put their egos into check. They really aren't that important. Again, the organizers were able to work their magic and get me in. We danced the night away until 1:45a.m. I was quite proud that we managed to last that long. Devil's hasn't changed. Same type of crowd that we used to run into. My favourite time is around 1:30a.m. when you start to see who might be going home with whom.
Today I dragged myself out of bed at 9:00a.m. That is very late for a weekend for me. I felt quite old, as I could feel the effects of last night and I didn't even drink. If I had, then maybe I would have an excuse to feel crappy. My eyes were scratchy, my throat was sore, and I was achy all over. Once I shook it off it was time for my last workout of my 30 day challenge. This was an all over body workout and it threw in a lot of 'sports' exercises I had learned throughout. Now I need to find something to keep me motivated next month. I mentioned that I'm going to try some yoga, so I think I'll head back to My Fitness Coach and set up Yoga sessions for myself and see how that goes.
After my workout it was time to clean and get ready for Father's Day festivities. I cleaned the bathrooms and Raju helped straighten things up and go to the grocery store for some food. His parents and Suzi came over around 3:00p.m. My Mom-in-law brought potato patties and curried chick peas for us to start with. It was delicious. Then for lunch/dinner we had lamb, corn, and cheese pasta.
Afterwards we had an overlap of visitors. Raju's friend Ron is in town this weekend with his wife Kseniya. Ron's parents dropped them off and came in for a quick tour of the house.
After they left, my in-laws also left and now we are visiting with Ron and Kseniya. Actually we're all watching Ghostbusters and reliving our youth.
And that brings us to the end of the weekend!!!

No comments: