Friday, June 19, 2009

Day 27

Thank goodness today was a rest day. I also used it as a cheat day for my no pop 'diet'. We had our company boat cruise. I was worried as the weather forecast did not look too promising but the day turned out to be beautiful. There was a handwriting analyst and palm reader on board, but the lines were so long, so I didn't get either one done.
I chose to have a cheat day with pop as I was not drinking alcohol and because I didn't end up eating the brownie and ice-cream last night (I decided it was too late). We have a new girl staring officially on Monday and she will be reporting to me. We invited her on the boat cruise to introduce her to everyone, and I felt I should make a good impression. I hope that others didn't scare her off and that she will come in on Monday.
After the boat cruise there is always an after party. We went to the London Tap House (which used to be Limelight). After a treck up many flights of stairs we found ourselves on a beautiful patio. Raju met me here. Sometimes it seems like he works at the company too as he talks to more people than I do. There are some guys who are in love with him. I can't tell you how many times I heard "I love your husband...he's so cool".
We hung for a while and then started to get hungry. We couldn't really figure out what we wanted to eat so we ended up at Big Daddy's Crabshack for dinner. We started with the seafood fondue and then I had the scallops while Raju and the crab cakes with crawfish. I have to admit that I was very full after the fondue so most of my dinner came home with me.
As for my cheat day, I didn't really do too bad. I had a glass of pop on the boat and another at London Tap House, but stuck to water with dinner.

No comments: