Although it was a rest day for me today, my adrenaline was pumping tonight. When I got home from work the two raccoons were playing in the grass and then fell asleep for a while.
I got dinner ready while waiting for Di to come over. When she got here the raccoons were still sleeping. We ate dinner and started to ice the cookies. Raju came home around the same time the raccoons woke up. They were making a lot of noise and when we looked out we realized there were now three of them. Raju called the Humane Society but they said, they would only take them if they were injured. We would have to find another solution. So after Raju finished dinner, operation "Rid the backyard of raccoons" occurred. Raju got a cardboard box, put on some gloves and he and Diana entered the backyard. He picked up each of the raccoons and dropped them in the box. Di helped Raju pick up the box and then it was quickly through the house and into the car, where I drove them up to Riverdale park. Di and Raju proceeded to get out of the car and deposit the babies near a tree in the park. Then they got in the car and we came back home. It all happened in the span of about 10 minutes. I felt like I was driving the getaway car in a heist of some sort.
Never a dull moment around here!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment