Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 16

Today I had to do some creative scheduling to get my workout in as we had a night-time engagement. I got into work early, worked through lunch and left a little early so I could get home and exercise before heading out for the evening.
Tonight we went to a book reading. I had never been to one before. We went to see one of Raju's favourite author's, Neil Gaiman. He read an excerpt from his new book The Graveyard and then answered some questions from the moderator and audience and then read some excerpts from some other books. He was very personable and definitely made me want to read some of his work. He started with comics and now writes books (children and others). He also has worked on some movies. I didn't quite realize what a big deal he was. Afterwards we walked up to Yonge Dundas square to check out Bollywood night. It wasn't too exciting so we didn't stay too long and came back home.
It was a really nice evening. Thanks Raju for taking me to my first book reading.

No comments: