Well, I have officially returned from vacation. I always think that the first week back to work is still vacation time because you are still settling in and talking about the trip and showing pictures. Not really the case for me. It was a very stressful week for me at work so all I could look forward to was Friday afternoon so I could head home.
I did have some breaks this week. I visited Mary at Sick Kids as her daughter has a ruptured appendix. It is very sad to see a 3 year old with all these IV needles in her. It was nice though to spend time with my girlfriends.
Friday night, Diana and Kahlua came to visit. Diana was a great friend for me to vent my work frustrations too. I think Raju listened in as I was not able to tell him about it earlier as it made me too mad. I think I have talked it to death now so it's time to move on. Saturday we mainly puttered around the house. We ventured out to China town to pick up some fixings for dinner and for the meal we were making for our families today. At night we went to a friend's 30th birthday at a bar called TODO. I can't believe I actually stayed out until 1:30a.m.
Today I woke up early and started my apple pie baking. I made one big one and 5 little ones. Everyone got a small one to take home as their 'loot bag'. I was very proud of myself as I made a movie of our trip using iMovie. You'll have to come over for a visit to see it. It's about 30 min. so too long for me to post on the web (which I'm not quite sure how to do anyway).
It may have seemed like a bit of a busy weekend but it was good for me to keep my mind occupied and off of work. Now it's time to mentally prepare to return there tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment