After breakfast, it was back to the room to finish packing our bag and start our day. I was very proud of myself for driving in another country. You all know how I hate to drive. This was pretty easy and Raju was a great navigator....oh let me go off on a tangent here, he's feeling a bit self-conscious after all the comments on his wife adoration. Not sure if he'll make another appearance on the blog, but if he does it may not be as wife centric as his last one.
Anyway, back to our day...we got to our destination a little early, so we made stop at Walmart. We needed to buy another bag since our suitcases are quite full and we've barely bought any souvenirs as yet. After our quick pit-stop. We headed to Air Maui's hanger. If you listen carefully you'll hear me on the video telling you what we did.
It was soooo amazing. I'm going back tomorrow to get the video of our flight. I'll have to show you pictures when I return. The sights were unbelievable and our pilot was fantastic. He played the Superman theme when we took off and various other bits of music during our flight. We were with two other couples. Sonia and Thurston, from Vancouver and Lisa and Brian, from Portland.
We landed near the town of Hana. One of the other must do things in Maui is the road to Hana it's a road that has 617 hair pin turns and 54 one-lane bridges. Not something you would want to drive on your own, so we had our own luxury van for the 6 of us to take us down this road and back to our cars. It was another gorgeous drive in the rainforest. First we stopped for a first class lunch of Mahi Mahi, Chicken, wild rice, Caesar salad, pineapple, rolls and macadamia nut cookies. Along the way we passed various different trees and plants, some some breath taking views of the coast and even stopped for a quick swim in a pool by a waterfall. I didn't venture in as it was a bit chilly, but of course my water monkey husband didn't hesitate.
It was one of the more expensive tours but well worth the money. I am so glad we did this. And we didn't lose anything today!!! Yeah!
Tomorrow is another day of fun. Can't wait to tell you all about it.
1 comment:
Oh, what a fun day! I'm feeling really guilty about my comments about Raju's wife-adoration. It's cute ... honestly! Tell him not to stop because of us!!! I LOVE his writing (I love yours, too, Saads - don't worry!) and want to see more on this blog!
Post a Comment