Friday, October 17, 2008

A good samaritan

Today on my way home from the conference I had to take the Queen Streetcar. I saw a very nice thing and thought I would share. The street car was really full. I was sitting on inside seat near the front of the streetcar watching everyone get on and off. At one stop everyone who was getting off left and then the rest of the people boarded. One young man got up who was sitting at the seat right behind the driver and I thought he had just realized it was his stop and was getting off. He actually went to help and old lady come in with a walker and gave her his seat. He stayed near her the entire time, no matter how crowded the streetcar became. I got off before they did, but I think he's going to make sure she gets off the streetcar safely. It's nice to know there are still polite young people in the world these days.

No comments: