We had planned on going to the beach for our last morning but it was looking very grey and cloudy. The news also mentioned scattered showers. What were we supposed to do? We did some last minute packing and then saw the sun peeking out. We quickly changed into our swimwear and headed out. We stopped at Lulu Surf Restaurant for breakfast. I had the Beach Benedict, which is basically an Egg Benedict but with a crab cake instead of the ham. It was quite delicious. Sorry I don't have a picture but I dug right into it and ate most of it before I remembered that I should. After breakfast the sun was out full force so off we went to the beach. We didn't last too long (maybe 1 hr) because we both had forgotten to take reading material, so we headed back to spend our last few minutes by the pool.
Although we had late check-out we still managed to finish getting ready and packed by noon. Rather than delay the inevitable we decided to check-out and head to the airport early. We went to the bell desk and requested a taxi.
Check-in was fine and smooth but we had 3 hours to kill. So we went to the bar and hung out there. The iron-man competition had occurred on the Big Island the previous weekend, so we met a guy whose friend had competed in it. His friend is a two time cancer survivor with one lung. He completed this iron-man competition in great time and has also climbed Mount Everest. It's a very inspiring thing to hear. Not that I'm ever going to sign up for an Iron Man competition.
The time passed fairly quickly and we were on the plane and the long journey home. I had been hoping to sleep on the flight to try and reset my clock. Unfortunately I just couldn't get comfortable. I did manage about an hour or 2 or some shut eye. We landed in Chicago and I had time to get McDonald's for breakfast. It was kind of gross after all the wonderful food we've been eating.
When we arrived in Toronto everything ran smoothly. We had to make one detour into Agricultural inspection as I was hoping to bring back some Hawaiian plants. They sell them in the stores in these little bags. But no luck, we got them taken away. I was kind of expecting that would happen though so it wasn't a surprise. Everyone was really nice though, which is rare for customs people. Although, we have been lucky the past few times we've travelled. Maybe their training is different these days.
We got home to a beautifully clean house (thanks Rosie) and food in the fridge (thanks to my Mom). Raju had been worried about his grass and I'm happy to report it looks quite healthy. In fact I think we need to get a lawn mower to cut it.
Now I'm back so no more crazy adventures for the time being. I have gotten use to blogging daily though as it sort of serves as my diary. I may keep it up but I warn you some of my posts may be quite boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment