Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hubbie takeover!

Hello sportsfans! We've got a bit of a surprise pinch hitter here. It's Raju's blog-arhea coming at you live and direct from lovely Maui.
It's been a lazy, hazy day - well, actually not hazy, it's bloody gorgeous as it seems like it always is here. We woke up early, which seems to be our pattern and just went down to the beach by our hotel. The only complaint is that it's a little bit rocky, but really it's like 2 kilometres long and is beautiful. We sat on the beach and read, and walked along much of the length of it. As my wife knows, long walks on the beach are one of my turn ons ;-)
Actually, one other thing happened, but let me put it into context. As you followers know, we lost our digicam a couple of days ago. Perhaps what you might not have known is that my lovely and perfect wife - who is napping right now, so this should be as much of a surprise to her, as I hope it is to you - blamed herself for leaving it by snackbar by one of the glorious beaches on The Big Island. Anyways, I tried my best to convince her it wasn't a big deal (and it's not) and make sure she let it go, and not let it ruin her time here in paradise. Of course, secretly, there was a tiny part of me that did find it a little bit amusing, because, let's face it, my wife is Ms. Perfect. She is awesome, and in control, and doesn't forget things. She is beautiful, glorious and obviously, my much, much better half, but this was a little reminder that she is human. Of course, we bought a new camera and all is cool.
Well, of course, there's a little thing called karma, and it has now bitten me in the butt.
This morning, while I was swimming in the ocean, the Hawaiian gods decided that they wanted a sacrifice from me, and they decided to take my wedding band. Yup, it's somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. You do not understand how upset I was the minute I realized that it was off my finger in the water. And I think I felt it right after it happened. My ring has become one of those things that I feel like I'm naked if I'm not wearing it.
Anyways, the tables turned and my wife was now telling me that it's not a big deal. And obviously we're going to replace it as soon as we can. But damn.
When we chose our rings, Saads showed me it in some pamphlet, and I was like, sure, whatever. Then when it was made, I thought I had picked a plain band, but instead it had this cool flecked design on it. At first I thought it was weird, but over time, I grew to love it, and I must admit, plenty of people had commented on it.
Anyways, I have let it go and won't let it ruin our time here. And I don't need a ring to remind how lucky I am and how glorious it is to be married to the lovely Ms. Rayman.
Let's just say that we know exactly why they film Lost here.
Anyways, we're hitting a show tonight and then hitting dinner at Ruth Chris (mmm steaky goodness), but I'm sure my slumbering wife will fill you in on all the details later.

P.S. And I wish I knew how to add more complex stuff to this blogthing. Whenever we go away it always seems like there's a song that sort of permeates our visit. In St. Maarten, it was "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston - absolutely fitting because of my gorgeous wife. Here it's the version of "Somewhere over the rainbow/What a wonderful world" by Israel Kamakawiwo'le or Brother Iz, as he's known here. We've heard it a few times here, and I've had it stuck in my head - it's an earworm - and been humming it for days. I just downloaded it and it's a really pretty song. And one that will always remind me of this visit. I wish I could post it for you to hear. Maybe Saads can later. Anyways, hope you kids are enjoying the T-dot, and your regularly scheduled blog posts (and author) will return shortly. ALOHA!

3 comments:

Princess Di said...

Wow, Raju should go on va-kay more often, check out all that adoration for his wife (its about time I say!). Too bad about the ring, but on the bright side, the Steelers beat the Jaguars in a wicked game on Sunday, whoo hooo!!! Miss you guys!

Camilla said...

I can't decide whether to laugh or vomit at this post. Holy wife-adoration. But, since it's my sister you're talking about... I'm going to let it pass! I did laugh out loud at your comments about Saadia losing the camera. It's so true - she seems too organized to lose things ... and yet, she is human! Lastly, I LOVE that version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". I have it on my iTunes. Okay, enjoy the rest of your trip!

Friens said...

Hey Raju can you give my husband some lessons on poetic eloquence and NOT about golf but about me!!!!