Monday, October 6, 2008

Hawaii - Day 6

This morning started off with an orientation in the lobby. This is where we learned about all the activities going on and can book some tours. The presentation lasted about an hour and then I spent another 20 minutes at the activity desk booking tours for our week. I'm not going to tell you about them. You'll just have to stay tuned to my daily posts to find out what we are up to. I'm really excited though. It's going to be fun times here in Maui.
After that Raju and I ventured into town by taking the Maui transit. We got on one bus which took us halfway to where we wanted to go and then transferred directly onto another one. This landed us at Lahaina's Cannery Mall. Raju immediately went to Starbuck's to get his Chai Tea. We wandered around a few stores but really our focus was to head to Longs Pharmacy for our camera. It was meant to be. They had the exact same camera I lost (different colour). It was on sale and it was the last one. So we snatched it up without hesitation.
We had heard that Front St. was the happening place so off we went in search of it. It was just around the corner. We found a restaurant that Raju had heard good things about and had lunch.
This was our view. It was quite gorgeous. Here is also a little video of Raju having an oyster shooter.
Other than the restaurant there wasn't much of anything else around so we asked our waiter and he told us to walk about 15 minutes down the road and we would find what we were looking for. The walk was more like 10 minutes and there we found lots and lots of different stores. Raju found one that sold Hawaiian shirts (well they are everywhere, this one just had different ones) and an old book store. We didn't pick anything up just yet but will be sure to visit this strip of stores before we leave.
It was quite hot walking around in the sun, so after a quick rest for an ice-cream cone, we found the bus stop and headed back to the hotel. The rest of the afternoon was very lazy. I finished a book that I was reading (The memory keeper's daughter) and Raju caught up on football. We may not have gone to the beach today but it was great to just hang out relax and do what we wanted to do.

No comments: