After we puttered around the hotel room for a bit and checked e-mails etc., we headed out to catch the 9:50a.m. bus. It dropped us off not far from McDonald's so we decided to treat ourselves to Egg McMuffins for breakfast. Then it was off to Starbuck's for Raju to get his daily dose of Tazo Chai Tea Latte. Now we were ready for our walk along front street. We wandered, stopping in some shops along the way to pick up some souvenirs and stuff for ourselves. At one end of Front Street is a very large Banyan tree. I believe it is the 3rd largest in the world. And as I write this I realized that I did not take a picture of it. It is probably a little child's dream. They could climb on this tree for hours. The branches are low to the ground so it's not too difficult. I could probably climb the tree myself. We sat under this tree for a few minutes and then headed back on the other side of Front street. Most of the stores have the same sort of souvenir type things. It's hard to figure out what Hawaii's thing is. Macadamia nuts for sure but I'm not sure what else. There are lots of opportunities to crack open an oyster for $15.00 to get a pearl, but I'm just not a pearl person. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind and give it a try in Waikiki.
We stopped for lunch at a restaurant called the Hula Grill (recommended by the activity desk). Raju had to stop and pick up a chili sauce from there for this guy at work who gave him some great tips on Hawaii. We sat at the barefoot bar area.
Our morning of shopping tuckered us out. So instead of heading to the beach when we returned to the hotel we took a nap instead. I realized this is the first afternoon nap we have taken this vacation. Our usual routine of morning on the beach, lunch, afternoon nap, dinner was not the routine for this vacation as we have been out on tours etc.
Once we woke up I continued reading a book while Raju did some internet surfing. Then we decided we should get something for dinner. I didn't feel like going out so Raju ordered take-out from the hotel restaurant. We weren't too hungry but still ended up getting, crab cakes, coconut shrimp, chicken Caesar salad, ribs (for Raju) and Parmesan garlic toast.
Now I have to go and pack. Tomorrow we head out to Waikiki. I'm excited to see that island but I'm a little sad too because I know it is our last stop before we head back to Toronto.
No comments:
Post a Comment