Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day!

You know it's kind of nice to have a day off mid(ish) week. Monday felt like Friday and I know that I still have Friday left of this week.
Last night we headed to Harbourfront to see Lee 'Scratch' Perry. He is about 70 yrs old and one of the most influential people in the development of Reggae and dub (not quite sure what that is) music. It was pretty fun and there were many people of all ages and cultures out to see him.
Today, I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do so after a little bit of a sleep in, I got up and started to do some work around the house. I started with the garden. As tomorrow is yard waste day, I wanted to get some bags ready to go out. The weather is just perfect for being outside. Raju went off to play some tennis and returned home around lunch. After a bite to eat, we went for a walk to Riverdale park. They just opened up the pool so Raju went for a dip. It seemed really nice. They have adult swimming in the evenings from 7:00 - 8:00pm I think we are going to try and go a couple of nights a week for some water exercise.
Afterwards we sat on the hill and enjoyed the weather. It is so beautiful there. I want to have a picnic in the park one day. Anyone interested?
To end this lovely day, it's burgers and salmon on BBQ!

No comments: