Last night was supposed to be date night. It didn't quite turn out the way I expected but we ended up at Batifole for dinner. It is a French restaurant not far from our house on Gerrard. We had been planning to go there for a while. When we arrived we realized they were part of the summerlicious festival. Fortunately they had one last table available.
I'm not a huge fan of the summerlicious/winterlicious festivals as I have not had great food at any of the restaurants we have been to in the past. I would rather go somewhere and order of the real menu. Anyway, some of the items looked interesting when I reviewed the menu on-line. Unfortunately that menu was a little different than the in-house menu.
Appetizer - Duck Ballottine with pistachio & raspberry vinegar onion jam (tasted like a cold-cut)
Main - Slowly roast herbs seasoned ground spring lamb wrapped in spinach leaves & sautéed Swiss chard (tasted like mini hamburger patties in a gravy)
Dessert - Red berries infused with Banyuls wine & orange zest whipped cream (could hardly stomach because the wine taste was so strong)
Raju had the special of the day which was a Peppercorn Angus steak. It was ok but a little too rare for my liking.
Don't get me wrong, the food wasn't horrible, just not my cup of tea. I don't think I would go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment