Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vitamin Water comes to Canada

My friend, Julia, always used to talk about Vitamin water that she used to get from the US and was not available in Canada. She loved it, and said that she would bring some back the next time she was in the States.
Well, at the Foxy sale the other week, one of the giveaways was a bottle of Vitamin Water (I can't remember the flavour, but it was pink). I thought it was pretty tasty.
A few days later, Raju tells me that he got a box delivered to his office which he believes was a few bottles of Vitamin Water. He said it was too big for him to bring home on his bike, so this morning while we were out grocery shopping, we popped by to pick it up.
Aside from the water being tasty, I'm enjoying the little blurbs they have written on each bottle. Let me give you a sample:
"If you had to use sick days because you've actually been sick they you're seriously missing out my friends. see, the trick is to stay healthy and use sick days to just um, not go in. so drink up, the combination of zinc, and fortifying vitamins can help keep you healthy as a horse."
I'm sure once they hit the shelves, the price will be ridiculous, so I'll just savour the free ones we have for now.
Today we finally had our belated Father's Day! Both sets of parents came over and we made BBQ Chicken, Lamb and grilled shrimp with pineapple. For once I think we did not overcook. Just a few leftovers....just enough to take to lunch.

No comments: