Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stanley Cup comes to Canada

Friday was an interesting day. I was very tired as we were awoken at 4:00a.m. to a car alarm. By the time we figured out it wasn't ours it took me a little while to fall back asleep, only to be woken again at 6:00a.m. to the sound of rain. I was unsure if our tarp contraption had worked and was worried that the roof would be leaking again. Fortunately there was no leaking happening so that settled my mind. As I was up, I decided to get ready and go to work. Having not slept well, I was pretty tired for most of the day. So when I got home, I decided to take a nap. I slept until 7:30a.m. and then got up, quickly got ready and headed to Murphy's Law to meet up with Camilla as she was coming with Kris Draper and gang for a Stanley Cup party. All the players on the team who wins the Stanley Cup, gets it for 48 hours. They can take it to their home towns and do whatever they want. Kris was very busy, starting with a visit to Sick Kids, then having thousands of people come by his home for a picture with the Cup and then on to Murphey's Law all on Friday.
Darry (my brother-in-law) and his twin brother, Colin (pictured above) are huge hockey fans. So this was a big treat for them. They were treated to being right near the cup as the table where we were sitting happened to be the table they decided to put the Stanley Cup on. I felt bad that I was sitting right by the Cup as I have little interest in hockey (or any sport for that matter) and didn't really care too much about it. I just went to see Camilla and some of her friends I hadn't seen it a while. It was pretty crazy though, and I spent most of the night in my corner in a chair away from the crowd.
Saturday Kris and his wife Julie (Camilla's good friend) invited their immediate friends and family to have cereal out of the Stanley Cup and then they were partying again Saturday night with a cruise and then downtown club visits (Spoke and Spice Route).
Saturday was busy for me as well. It started with an early morning visit to the Eye Doctor in Ajax, but due to a mix up my glasses were not ready and I have to return on Monday night. Then I went to visit my Aunt, Uncle and cousins as one of my cousins needed to borrow and Indian outfit. I hadn't seen them in a while so it was nice to catch up. Then I went to a baby shower for my cousins. It was more of a BBQ than a shower and it was nice to catch up with them as well. By the time Raju and I made it back downtown it was 7:30p.m. After a nap, I decided I was not in the mood to dress up and try to make it into a snotty club to hang around the Stanley Cup as well, so I ditched my sisters and went with Raju to one of his friends' party. It was nice and low key.
Today, I started off with my Wii Fit workout. I decided to do a free run, which means as I run on the spot I get to watch TV. I ran for 10 minutes and apparently ran a distance of 1.1 miles. I'm not sure how accurate that is though because I can't believe that I can run a mile in 10 minutes. This afternoon we went to Fariena's for a joint birthday party for Kira and Russ. Russ' family came from Hamilton as well for the fun. Raju and I left around 6:15pm and came home to do some housework. I feel like I have not been home to clean in ages. I even did some more cleaning of the backyard. We have this awesome patio furniture that we need to make room for. It's great, because we'll have some more seating for Di's birthday party.

No comments: