Thursday, July 24, 2008

Diana's Birthday

Tonight I had the pleasure of throwing a birthday bash for Diana. I also had the chance to pay part of my debt to the WND crew as I have crashed quite a few of them. As I knew the theme this year was favourite things, I tried to keep everything within that realm. I thought about the dishes I make that Diana likes and ended up making Chicken crepes and mini-burgers with home-made buns. Also she likes her veggies so we had green beans with nuts and cranberries, grilled asparagus and for Mahi - the vegetarian - portobello mushrooms marinated in Tequila. For dessert I made petit fours (little cakes) and served ice-cream in waffle bowls with hardening chocolate sauce.
I really enjoyed having everyone over. Next time though, I may try for a simpler meal to give me more time to visit with my guests. This was a special occasion though, and I hope it made Miss Lee's birthday special.

2 comments:

Princess Di said...

It was absolutely perfect! Thanks for all your hard work, you really know how to make a girl feel special!

Lei's Kitchen said...

Would LOVE to see pictures of your hard work!