or does it?
While this lovely downpour of rain happened this evening I was upstairs doing my Wii Fit workout with not a thought to all the rain. As I was finishing up, I remembered the leak we had a few weeks ago and went to check and see if my plaster work was holding up. Well, let's just say that the water found other places to leak out of. As I scoured the house looking for buckets and containers I discovered a pool of water in our basement by the dryer. I guess these are the joys of not just owning a home, but an old home. I guess I can't put off re-roofing the back deck until next year. Thank goodness we have money set aside for a rainy day (literally).
As the rain let up I wandered back upstairs and who did I see hanging out on our deck? Two raccoons. I ran back downstairs to the get the camera but by the time I had gotten back upstairs they went away. I stayed for a few more minutes and they reappeared but the screen door got in the way of the picture (please, as if I was actually going to go out on the deck with them there) and I couldn't get a good one. Maybe next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment