Saturday night was time for some fun and games with the gals as we gathered to send Evelyn off to married life. She did a great job of organizing some fun for us. She hired a blackjack table and dealer to teach us the tricks of the trade. I learned a lot about it, but I don't think I have the stress tolerance level to play it in a real casino. I need to take my time to think about what I want to do. At least now when I'm watching people play I'll have a better understanding of it.
Sunday was the perfect summer, relaxing day. Raju and I met Suzi and Abbas at HotHouse for brunch. I made sure not to eat anything (except for a small handful of Cheerios) prior to going for the buffet. I know my favourites and was able to eat everything I wanted without feeling stuffed. Afterwards, Raju and I wandered by the Antique market. To me it seems like one big garage sale. We did manage to find a beautiful bench for our front entryway for only $40. With a deal like that we couldn't say no. Fortunately Suzi was still in the area, so she came by and drove us home with our new purchase. She came in and hung out with us for the day. We also had a surprise visit from Jay, Jen and Talia who were out for a walk. I love the fact that we have friends so close who just drop by. Talia is as cute as ever. She did manage to spit up and poop on me, but Mom says that's good luck. Later that evening Mom and Dad stopped by for dinner. They had been at Masala, Mendhi, Masta at Exhibition Place.
I just loved the fact that I was in my own house but got to visit with lots of people. That's what makes it a home.
No comments:
Post a Comment