Friday night, Miss Lee came over for a visit. She made a fantastic salad (except for the Avocado) and then we went for a walk to Riverdale park. After our walk we came back home and watched Pan's Labrynth. It was ok, but I'm not really into that fantasy sort of stuff.
Saturday - Unfortunately, Rosie had to cancel our cleaning appointment, but fortunately that meant I got to sleep in. Once I dragged myself out of bed I puttered around the house, doing some laundry, Wii Fitting and tried to do a bit of gardening at the front of the house. I think we are going to have to get rid of the Evergreen that is overpowering our porch as it looks dead to us. The old owner came by to pick up a large plaque he had that was in our basement behind our dryer. In doing so he discovered a hole in the vent that is connected to the dryer. That could be the reason it doesn't work properly. It was easily fixed with some duct tape, so we'll see what happens.
Fariena called to invite us for a BBQ so off we went. It was a nice afternoon. The boys went for a bike ride after dinner while the girls went to the park. My niece clarified the watch situation for me with regards to her birthday present. "I don't want it for this birthday, I want it for my 5 birthday!"
Afterwards we headed back downtown and went to Harbourfront for the Beats, Break & Culture festival. Raju wanted to see Thunderheist. It was a girl and a guy. They were pretty good , considering I don't normally like the music Raju like.
Sunday, we got up and slowly got going again. I did my Wii Fit workout and then Jay, Jen and Talia came by to collect us as we went for Lupper at The Citizen. I had the French toast which was soooo good. Raju had braised beef rib hash, which was also quite tasty. After lupper we headed up to the Riverdale Park to go to the pool. This time we had to wait in line (fortunately only 10 minutes) before we could get in. Due to limited staffing they had to limit the number of people allowed in. By the time we left the, the line to get in was really long. I heard some people say they had waited 30 min.
No comments:
Post a Comment