Sunday, September 19, 2010
While You Were Out
Do you remember that show? Someone would go away and then a crew would do over a room or area of the house. We've sort of done the same thing for my parents. They had started painting their house about a month ago and they also have some new appliances. As a result the rest of the kitchen was looking a little dated. Camilla decided it would be nice if we updated some stuff while they were gone. She enlisted the help of my Uncle, cousin and myself to help out. They now have a new counter top and freshly cleaned and painted cupboards. They will also have new baseboards and some other little things by the end of the week. I headed to Scarborough yesterday afternoon (after a run/walk, brunch and a visit with the Lee Begonia family) and got started. We accomplished a lot. Unfortunately when you are working hard like that, food does not happen to be the healthiest. For dinner we had KFC and I thought since I was being bad, I'd just go all out and have Coke as well. I couldn't even finish the can though. Today I was better. My sister had picked up pizza for lunch, but I declined it and said I would eat at home. I stopped at Walmart, was starving and had McDonald's staring me in the face, but I resisted and did come home and eat leftovers. Then I went upstairs to sit for a moment before I started laundry (this was about 3:15p.m.) and the next thing I knew I had fallen asleep and woke up at 6:15p.m. I did have thoughts of another run/walk but I think my body needs some rest instead and probably some yoga tomorrow to loosen it up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment