Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a week...and Bootcamp - Day 4 (but really 3 as I missed one)

This week has been such a whirlwind.  It's a good thing I started it with Yoga.
Tuesday Diana was further into her labour.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to see her but took a chance and went to the hospital at lunch.  I did get a chance to see her and Gerwyn and walk around a bit, trying to move things along.  I went back to work and didn't hear anything further about the baby in the afternoon.  After work, I had to skip boot camp and hopped on the subway and headed up to Yorkdale.  I was excited to visit Victoria's Secret.  There is a bra that I needed, unfortunately they didn't have it.  The store was quite large.  It's hard to believe there are so many different types of bras.  I wasn't really in the mood to try anything on, so I left the store with no bags in hand.  I wandered around a bit more and then headed to Milestones to meet Jill and Lore, who I used to work with at Meridian/HEPCOE.  We chatted for a couple of hours getting caught up on what was going on.  I had the burger, but wasn't really impressed.  Ever since they changed their menu I really have not enjoyed it.  The appetizers are ok, and sometimes the specials are good too, but other than that I think I might just stick to their brunch.
Wednesday morning I woke up and checked Facebook to see any baby news.  I was happy to see that Marley Claire was born the night before (see Sally's blog for pictures).  So again at lunch I headed up to the hospital to visit.  She was so sweet and slept the whole time I was there.  Of course I tried to wake her.  I mean, really at 12 hours old how tired could you be?  Diana looked good too considering what she had just gone through.
After work on Wednesday I hopped on the subway again and headed to Caroline's new house for dinner.  They moved 2 doors away from their old house so it was easy to get to.  Their new place is lovely.  I think bigger and brighter.  Anderson was fun too.  He wanted to play hockey.  Finally, I had to escape.  I don't have the energy of a 2 year old.
Today it was back to boot camp.  With all the rain, I wasn't quite sure what to expect.  Here's what we went through.
Warm-up - Jogging
Circuit 1
Cardio = Mogul jumps, Upper Body = Push-ups, Lower Body = Low squat while reaching out with one leg at a time, Abs = Standing Crunches
Circuit 2
Cardio = High jumps, Upper Body = Bicep curls, Lower Body = Walking lunges with side twists, Abs = Side crunches
Circuit 3
Cardio = Front kicks, Upper Body = Upper row with bands, Lower Body = Plie squat jumps, Abs = Plank
Circuit 4
Cardio = Squat jacks, Upper Body = Triceps with the band, Lower Body = Standing kick-backs, Abs = Standing crunches
Circuit 5
This was different than anything else.  We started with shoulder exercises with the band and then did something crazy to get our heart rates up.  I can't remember exactly the name for it (I remember now Tabada), but this was it....

20 seconds of running with our knees up as fast as we can, 10 sec rest, then repeat
20 seconds high tuck jumps as fast as we can, 10 seconds rest, then repeat
20 seconds push-ups as fast as we can, 10 seconds rest, then repeat
20 seconds bi-cycle ab exercises as fast as we can, 10 seconds rest, then repeat.

I believe she said it is some Japanese thing and that it is NOT something to do every day.  This gets your internals working really hard and we should be burning fat for the next 24 to 48 hours.

I'm looking forward to a rest again before I'm back at it next Tuesday!

No comments: