Tuesday, September 7, 2010

If the shoe fits

This morning I headed over to the Running Room to get a good pair of running/exercising shoes.  I had a great experience and learned a bit about my feet.  First of all, the shoes I have been buying are the wrong size.  I take a 7 1/2 in running shoes (not the size 7 I had been buying).  My experience started with a friendly welcome into the store.  They had me take my shoes off, put on socks and then they watched me walk and then run.  After this assessment it was recommended that I get a cushioning shoe as my arches are high and my feet and ankles roll to the outside.  I tried on 3 different pairs.  I walked and ran in each of them.  Each one felt better than the last.  I couldn't really feel a difference between two so then I tried one of each again, running.  At this point one felt better than the last, so I tried the better one with my first pair (which I didn't think I was going to get).  I couldn't really tell a difference between them, so I switched feet and found my perfect shoe (turns out to be my first).  So now I'm a proud owner of Nike Air Max Moto+ 8 shoes. 

No comments: