Saturday I did some running around. Raju and I went for brunch. We were heading to Toast but it wasn't open yet, then we headed to Lady Marmalade but the wait was too long so we ended up at Joy Bistro. I ended up with 2 eggs sunny side up with toast and home fries. Back at home, I "walked it out" a bit on the Wii and then got ready and headed out to Scarborough. Maira is in town for a few days so I popped in to visit her and her parents. While I was there they were Skyping with her sister Sarah who is in Tanzania, so I got to say 'hi' to her as well. After that, I popped into Walmart and then headed to my Mom's. I was going to help her make a salad but by the time I got there she had chopped everything up and it was done. From there we headed to the mosque. This was the night my Mom and her brothers helped contribute to the IFTAR (dinner when breaking their fast for the day). We helped box about 1200 dinners and then I stayed to pray. I left at 8:45p.m. and headed back downtown after making sure my Mom had a ride home with my Aunt (My Dad is in Guyana at the moment.)
Yesterday started off very slowly and then picked up a bit. The morning was spent lazily, puttering around the house and then about 2:00p.m.ish we got restless and headed out for something to eat. We ended up at South of Temperence. Our appetizers were pretty good (fish tacos, seafood dip with naan) but the rest was just ok (crispy shrimp and calamari, chicken cobb sandwich with sweet potato fries). After lunch Raju went to meet his friends and I wandered into HomeSense. I left with some placemats and new cushions for the couch. Back at home I "walked it out" again and then settled into the couch for some TV watching.
The end of one season brings the starts of a new one, and for me that means starting fresh. September is my get up and go exercise month. I feel like I've gotten most of my bad eating habits under control so I have to step up my exercising.
I've signed up for a bootcamp that will be Tuesday and Thursdays at Jimmie Simpson park, which is right around the corner from my house. And then at the end of the month I am going to attempt to run a 5K. This morning Raju and I decided to head out for a run, just to see what it was like. I didn't enjoy myself at all. I thought my lungs were going to explode. In the end we did more walking than running, but at least it was a start. I'm going to head to the Running Room this week to try and get proper running shoes. Hopefully that will help.Wish me luck....and let's see how I look and feel at the end of the month!
3 comments:
You already looked pretty darn good the last time I saw you girl!! :)
SHoes make all the differance when running. Take is slow and before you know it you will be up to 5k... ! ENJOY IT!!!
Wow I'm so proud of you Saads! I felt the exact same way when I started running, but actually seeing progress makes all the difference, it will motivate you. You should get some cute running clothes to match your new shoes, that was also good motivation for me...
Post a Comment