Thursday, September 9, 2010

Bootcamp Day 2

Day 2 down and I'm still standing.  I have to admit this morning I wasn't sure how I was going to cope.  Yesterday my legs hurt but the rest of me was ok so I thought 'not bad'.  Today everything hurt.  Sitting was a bit of a problem too.  However, by the time I made it to class my muscles had loosened up and although I was still sore, it was workable.
Here's today's workout
Warm-up - Jogging on the spot and Jumping Jacks
Circuit 1
Cardio = Skating jumps, Upper Body = Push ups, Lower Body = 1 legged squats, Abs = Bicycle
Circuit 2
Cardio = Walking diagonal lunges, Upper Body = Bicep curls, Lower Body = Backward lunge with a kick, Abs = Plank
Circuit 3
Cardio = Shuffle, Upper Body = shoulders with the resistance band, Lower Body = Fire Hydrant (picture a dog at a fire hydrant), Abs = I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but where you lean back on your hands and then pull your legs in as you crunch your body together - I'll call them pull ins for future reference.
Circuit 4
Cardio = Mountain Jacks, Upper Body = Upper body rows, Lower Body = I really can't remember this one, maybe it was so painful I've blocked it out, Abs =Reverse crunches
Circuit 5
Cardio = Sprints, Upper Body = Triceps with the resistance band, Lower Body = Sitting in the woods squats, Abs = Crunches held for 10 seconds each
We ended with a nice cool down of stretches.
Afterwards I went to Di's for a visit and some Kalbi.  Sally was also there so I got to speak with both of their bellies.
Off to bed I go.  I'm too exhausted to take a shower.  I'm not able to attend class on Tuesday, so I'll have to make sure I get at least 2 runs in between now and when I go back next Thursday, and hopefully a yoga sessions too.
Who am I??????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're super Saadia! Make sure to spend a good amount of time stretching when you get home too. It will make a world of difference the next day. Downward dogs are great for that.