Last night Raju and I headed to the CNE for our annual visit. Every year it's not quite the same and seems to get smaller but if I didn't go I would miss it.
I left work and met Raju down by the water as he was taping his show. When he was done we hopped on the Streetcar and off we went. First stop...food building. There really wasn't anything new or exciting so I went to Lick's and had a burger, fries, and a Coke....yes I had a Coke. It was the most delicious one I've ever had. I split it with Raju though, so I didn't have the whole can to myself. After I finished my meal, we headed to the Bandshell park so Raju could have ribs.
With our tummies full it was time to hit the buildings. We wandered into the Farm and saw Ostriches, Alpacas, Pigs and Goats. Afterwards we hit the International Building and the Shopping Bazaar. I didn't really find anything except when I got to one of the UK stalls. I finally found my Shrimp Chips. They only had 2 bags left and I snatched them up quickly. I had one today and it tasted just like the Marks & Spencer ones. I believe there is a store in Mississauga that sells them http://www.abitofhome.ca/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
We then wandered back outside and I got an ice-cream waffle sandwich. It was delicious. We were both a bit tired so headed back home around 8:30p.m.. For $5.00 admission it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment