Thursday, December 23, 2010

Holiday Happenings

The holidays always bring events to attend.  This  year I found I did not have that many.  We also did not host a drop in like we usually do, so everything seemed to be a bit more low-key.
On Sunday Camilla hosted a Christmas gathering at her house for the family.  Cousins, aunts and uncles filled up the house.  After our bellies were full it was time sing some Christmas Carols.  Camilla sat at her keyboard while my Uncle strummed on his guitar and my Dad played his harmonica.  It was very festive.  Jack decided to be my best friend for most of the time I was there.  It was kind of cute, except that I found it hard to eat all the delicious food.
Monday I started my prep for the Chicken Crepes.  I made 50 crepe shells.  It isn't hard to make just time consuming.
Tuesday it was a visit to Di's house.  It had been a long time since I saw Marley, but we were also due for our holiday exchange.  Thanks for all the 'natural' products and magazine subscription.  I'm looking forward to trying everything and some new recipes.
I had a good visit with Marley too.   A little bit of everything, sleeping, crying, smiling and baby babbling.
Wednesday - back to crepe making.  This time I made the filling, so that involved stripping chicken, chopping mushrooms and making a white sauce.
Thursday - Before I left for work, I made a batch of almond bark.  I used different chocolate though, so I'm not sure how it's going to turn out.  At work we had a tacky sweater contest.  I don't have one, so I had to get creative.  What do you think?  Raju and I also had our annual Christmas dinner.  In the past we have gone to Kultura but decided to try somewhere different this year and ended up at Nota Bene.  It was ok, but I don't think I'd go back there anytime soon as there wasn't anything that 'Wowed' me.  Back at home it was time to finish the crepes.  I like to make them a day in advance as they are one of those dishes that tastes better the second day.  As they were cooling off I decided to make a batch of chocolate cupcakes.
Now I'm exhausted.....after tomorrow I will truly be on vacation.  No work, no cooking, no baking (for a few days at least:))

No comments: