Monday, December 13, 2010

Dinner and a Movie

Tonight Raju had a media screening of Tron.  I'm not really into that type of movie, but it was showing at the new TIFF headquarters, the Lightbox and I had never been in there.  Also, the movie was free so what did I have to lose?  Before the movie we decided to have dinner at Nawlins on King St. W.  I had never been there.  We walked in and we were the only customers.  We had the entire restaurant to ourselves.
I wasn't entirely sure if I would find anything I liked as it is a Cajun-Creole restaurant.  However I quite enjoyed it.  We started with the Crab Cakes which were tasty (but I still like the ones Raju makes best).  I then had the seafood medley, which consisted of Lobster, scallops, shrimp and calamari with jambalaya rice.  I really liked it.  Raju was not extremely hungry so he had soup and chicken livers.  Not really anything I would like.  We finished eating and just had to cross the street to the movie.
First of all we had to check our cell phones in.  I guess it was because they didn't want anyone filming it.  They didn't have to worry about that from my end.  Then we received 3D glasses and finally went through a security check point.
The movie was over 2 hours and that was 2 hours too long for me.  I just did not enjoy it.  The acting was bad, I'm not into the game type movies (although I didn't mind Scott Pilgrim).  Some say the visuals were great, to me it was just a bunch of lines.  But hey, don't listen to me, I also didn't like Avatar while the rest of the world loved it.
However, it was an evening out with my husband and that was nice, so I really can't complain.

No comments: