At work today we had our department lunch. Normally I organize a potluck but this year we decided to contribute money and order in. I also planned for us to decorate gingerbread houses. So as that seemed to be the theme, I tried my best to decorate the room like a gingerbread house. It didn't turn out too great but I think people got the idea. (I was also moving a bit slow as I had enjoyed some liquid holiday cheer last night) We also had a lot of fun with the gingerbread houses. They turned out great. Other people in the company are a bit envious of our department as we always seem to be doing fun stuff. I take it as a chance to do things I've never done or haven't done since I was a child. I'm usually the one who plans the events, so it's totally up to me to decide on the activities.
After lunch we brought all the treats back to the round table in our area. Just looking at it gave me a sugar rush.
Now I need to think of a fun spring activity to do....any ideas?
Thankfully I have so many baked treats as this evening Raju and I headed to the west side of town (The Junction) for a Christmas gathering at his friends' Chris and Sarah's house. There were many little children running around. They have twin boys who are about 8 months and there were 2 yr old twin girls there as well. I took some of the many sweets to start clearing off my dining table. It was nice to see everyone as it has been a while. But by 10:00p.m. I was so tired, so we called it a night. I must be getting old to not be able to party two nights in a row anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment