So Christmas Eve we headed to the East side. We left here before 2:00p.m. but could not avoid the traffic. From the moment we got on the DVP it was bumper to bumper all the way to the 401. It was close to 3:00p.m. by the time we got off the highway. We decided to stop in at Trish's house for a quick visit too. Mikaela showed me her new PJ's and all their stockings. I hope Santa brought her, her DSi. I also met Colin for the first time. He stared at me a lot. I'm not sure if he liked me or maybe my face just was funny looking for him. It was a nice visit as I haven't seen Trish in a very long time.
We got to Camilla's just before 4:00p.m. Darryl's family was already there and shortly after everyone else arrived (Fariena and gang, my parents, my in-laws and Fariena's in-laws). It was busy and crazy and just the way Christmas Eve is supposed to be. The kids were able to open a few presents, and by kids I mean myself and my sister's as well. My Mom wanted us to all open our presents together and since we weren't all going to be together in the morning we got to open them on Christmas Eve. We all received Melanie Lynn bags and tucked into various clothing we all had little blue boxes as well. Mom had bought us charms with our initials from Tiffany while she was in Barbados.
By the time everyone left it was around 10:00/10:30p.m. Jack had fallen asleep and Camilla took Ryan upstairs to put him down. She came back down and asked us to help blow up balloons. When we were little we woke up one morning with our bedroom floor covered in balloons from Santa so she wanted to do the same for her kids. As Raju and I sat blowing up the balloons I noticed too little legs creeping down the stairs. I thought we were BUSTED. Camilla quickly picked Ryan up and told him he was imagining things. He wanted to come back down and check it out for himself. Raju and I quickly hid the balloons so when he came down there wasn't anything around. I'm not sure he really belived us though.
After breakfast we continued with the present opening. Jack was enjoying the balloons and then found one present (a helicopter) that he enjoyed, so Auntie Saadia got to open most of his presents :) I got another charm for my Tiffany bracelet from Raju (a cupcake one that I had asked for) clothes from Camilla and gift cards from Fariena. After that, we got ready, packed up the cars and headed out of Camilla's house around 11:30a.m. We stopped at my parents to help them unload their cars, as my Dad had a bit of an accident earlier that morning. He slipped down Camilla's stairs and hurt his toe badly. Fortunately the rest of him is ok. After another short visit there we headed to my in-laws. We had turkey, veggies and potatoes for lunch. We hung out for a few hours and then headed back down town. As much as I love Christmas I have to say this was the best part of the day for me. I had not been feeling well since I woke up Christmas Eve morning with a sore throat and had gradually been getting worse as the days wore on. Once we got home, I took a nice hot shower and put my pajamas on. I dozed on and off for the rest of the afternoon, had leftovers for dinner and then lazed on the couch watching Transformers. I fell asleep again and at 11:00p.m. decided to head up to bed. I slept until 6:00a.m., got up to go to the bathroom and then went back to bed where I stayed until 9:00a.m. No chance of me hitting the malls today. Although, even if I was well, I wouldn't head out. I can't stand the crowds and there is nothing I need so desperately that would make it worth it. Raju made me breakfast and then I was back on the couch reading a magazine where apparently I fell asleep again, because the next thing I knew it was 1:00p.m. and Raju had gone out. He returned not long after from the grocery store and is now in the kitchen cooking up a storm. When he's done, I'll let you know about all his creations.
As for me, I'm on the couch again hoping to do some reading and just relaxing. A lovely way to spend the holidays!!!
Hope you all had a good one too!
No comments:
Post a Comment