Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Baking

The Holiday Season just isn't right if I don't take a day to bake.  So today I took a vacation day to get some stuff done.  I had started some prep work earlier in the week and on the weekend so I wouldn't have as much to do.  Raju also stayed home, but we was working so he hung out upstairs and I really didn't see him much.
Normally I make 3 or 4 different cookies but this year I think I over did it.  I wanted to make so many things so I did.  Here's my list of goodies:
  • Sugar cookies in the shape of stars with "Happy Holidays" messaged on them (decorated with Royal icing)
  • Gingerbread cookies in the shape of Holly and Trees (Decorated with Royal icing)
  • Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (recipe courtesy of Di)
  • Raspberry jam filled cookies - a version of empire cookies (recipe courtesy of Chatelaine).  I actually made these about a week ago and put them in the freezer.
  • Gingerbread cake
  • Chocolate cupcakes
  • Vanilla cupcakes
  • Butter cream icing
  • Almond bark (white chocolate with almond and cranberries)
I like to give away baked goods for the holidays so filled containers (thank you take out food containers) for my team at work.  I've made so many things I couldn't fit it all in the container.  I've decided to put the cupcakes in the freezer to ice at another time.
I have a family event on Sunday that I've volunteered to take dessert for and I'm also supplying it for Christmas Eve dinner.  With everything I made, I think I don't need to worry about running out of stuff.
My feet however are not happy with me for standing on them all day.  I'm hoping that I've lost some calories, but with all the sugar that I may have inhaled I'm thinking "probably not".

1 comment:

sally said...

Looks great Saads! I'm starting to get a craving!!! :)