Saturday, December 11, 2010

An early family Christmas dinner

Tonight we had enjoyed an early Mudhar family holiday meal at 'The Nose'aka Gio Rana's Really Nice Restaurant.  Suzi will be in South America for Christmas this year so we wanted to get together early to celebrate.  Suzi had never been to 'The Nose' and it's one of Raju and I's favourite dinner spots in our neighbourhood.  As usual I found the food to be really good and the service to match.  We started with shrimp and calamari and then I had the tenderloin.  We shared asparagus, sweet potato mash, potatoes and mushrooms as sides.  I loved that they put all the sides on one plate so it didn't take up much room.
I don't think my mother-in-law and father-in-law enjoyed it as much as we did though.  It may have been a bit too loud and/or fancy for them, but I think they at least enjoyed an evening out with their children.
As we were getting ready to leave I heard someone say my name.  It was Kevin Ramsey.  He is an old childhood friend.  I know him from primary school.  The last time I saw him was early university days.  He looks pretty much the same.  We met his wife and they have a son.  It was nice to run into him.  We always got along well.  Funnily we did not do the exchange of numbers and say "let's get together".  I think we knew it wouldn't happen.  Not that I wouldn't spend some time catching up but I don't have to feel bad about not following up with him.

No comments: