Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010

Here we are at the end of another year and another decade.

I remember:
Vacations (St. Lucia, Vegas, Sauble Beach, Barbados)
Friends becoming Mamas (Di, Susie, Sally)
Getting healthy - physically and mentally (yoga, bootcamp, 'diets')
Taking time for myself - baking classes, vegging out

This year also had some low points.  But in the end I came out of them in a better place.  Those times taught me that:
  • Work is not everything.
  • How to prioritize and determine what's important in life.
  • Some things are not easy to achieve but through persistence and small steps we can get there.
  • Some things are beyond your own control and you can't take responsibility for them.
  • I am so fortunate to have great friends, family and my health.
  • My husband is one the best things that has happened to me (Raju don't let that inflate your ego).
I look forward to next year and seeing what 2011 has in store for us.

Happy New Year to all of you!

P.S.  Just to continue on my shopping spree.  I headed to the mall today because I needed some new bras.  Victoria's Secret did not disappoint.  I may have spent a small fortune but I justify it by thinking that I only buy bras every 4-5 years.  I did decide to buy them a cup size larger (C) because they just seemed to have better coverage.

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

All very good 2010 reflections, I think its a great idea for everyone to reflect on the year behind and figure out what you've learned for 2011! And too bad you couldn't wait a couple of days to go to VS...