Saturday, January 30, 2010

Social Time

Where the week started not so great it has ended with many social events. Many years ago when I worked at Templeton, we spent many nights going out with co-workers. Thursday I finally managed to head out with co-workers at my current job. They like to hang out at Crocodile Rock. While it may not be my favourite hang-out the price of drinks makes it very appealing ($3). I had a good time chatting and joking with them and Raju managed to join us as well. As one of my co-workers said to him when her arrived "I think I have a man-crush on you!". We left at 8:30p.m. and a few Rye and Cokes later. It was just what I needed to de-stress. Friday I was abit sluggish at work but make it through to another late day in the office. From there I headed to Montana's to meet a friend (Maya) for dinner. Imagine my surprise when I got to the door's and saw that it was dark and no-one inside. It appears they are closed but who knows why?. So we headed next door to Jack Astor's. We ate upstairs at the bar (formally known as Up!) and caught up as it had been a looooong time since we have last seen one another. The night ended perfectly with a couple of guys coming over to chat and pick Maya up. They were not deterred by the fact that we were married. It was amusing and nice to know that we (well at least she) still has it :).
Today the socializing continued as I had afternoon tea (see Sally's blog for pictures) at the Windsor Arms. Interestingly enough, on my way I walked by my car only to see that it had been broken into. Weirdly there was no damage to the car, but all the windows had been rolled down. That is strange too because my windows are automatic not manual, so even if I accidentally left a car door open the windows would not have been down. Anyway, as I was on my way out, I just did a quick look (only a little bit of change was taken), started the car, rolled up the windows, locked it and headed out for tea.
After tea, Diana and I wandered through a few shops on Bloor Street. I stopped at Williams Sonoma and picked up pancake molds and Diana picked up some clothes at Jacob and BCBG.
It was a really nice day out and I look forward to our next tea party at Diana's house.

No comments: