Did you know that not driving your car causes damage? I didn't, but apparently it causes your brakes to rust. My service guy at the dealership said that I should drive my car at least once a week on the highway for a minimum of 20 min. This way it warms the car up and lets it get rid of any sediment.
So what was a service visit went something like this:
Service - $120
Replace lock (that vandals used to break into our car) - $420
Replace front breaks - $400
Repair back breaks - $140
Flush break fluid - $100
Windshield wipers (at this point, I thought why not?) - $30
I feel like I should have a priceless line (like the commercials), but am not quite sure what it is.
I also know that getting your car fixed at the dealership means I pay more, but I really like the service. They are very friendly. Today they wanted to drive me to work but I insisted on walking and they asked a few times just to make sure as it was snowy this morning. Also, last year I got a chip in my window and although he quoted on it, he suggested that I didn't really need to fix yet. So I do trust him, when he says that something needs to be fixed and brakes I guess are something really important. So the moral of the story:
Life - priceless
1 comment:
Yes, I did know that. I left my car in the T dot for the first 6 months I was in Montreal, and I made sure my dad drove it around!! That sucks about all those repairs!
Post a Comment