I know it's only been 4 days of my new 'routine', but I am easily distracted from my goals and get off track very easily. However I stuck my ground today. I took my lunch (so that's 3 times this week) and even though I had dinner with the girls at Wah Sing tonight and was tempted with the pop I saw others drinking, I managed to remain pop free and do a bit of jumping on the trampoline when I returned home. I think the problem for me is that I don't see any difference or feel different. I'm impatient and like to see immediate results.
I also decided to do some research on Di's SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet(R)) and to be honest I'm a little scared. The first few weeks are supposed to be pretty bad, and I don't just mean in the foods you can't eat, but the way it will make me feel and the things my body will do. My strategy is that I've been telling everyone that I want to do this, so now they'll all hold be accountable. Not that they are going to police me but they'll want to know how it's going and I'll be embarrassed to say I'm not on it.
Saying that though, I am putting off starting this for a few reasons. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to make a firm decision as to when I can start and then you can all monitor me too. In the meantime I'll just try to cutback gradually so it won't be such a shock to my system.
3 comments:
I was SO proud of you yesterday! And the diet is not THAT bad, plus you're not doing it 100%. Its just the depression of not being able to eat what you want. Other than that, it'll be fine! YOU CAN DO IT!
It really isn't that hard at all...you just need to be super organized - have all your meals & snacks planned out, which helps eliminate the "unknown" meals and just grabbing anything. There are lots of things you can do to cheat too - there are tons of alternatively sweetened (with splenda, etc) foods/treats that are really good! I have seen MAJOR results whenever I have done it! Enjoy!
Thanks for the encouraging words ladies. Di I received the cookbook. I'll get planning this weekend.
Post a Comment