I feel like I have been on the go for the past few days and am finally finding a moment to catch my breath before continuing with more stuff.
Thursday night Raju and I walked up to the Danforth and met Mahi, Di and Susie for a belated birthday dinner for Mahi at 7 Numbers. I have to say the food, atmosphere company was great. I was scared that I was going to put on my pounds again just from that meal. Apart from the dinner roll and few bites of dessert I had it would have been a wheat and sugar free meal. I got my exercise in by wearing my new Reebok Easytone running shoes. They are supposed to help tone your legs and butt while you walk.
Friday I can't really seem to remember too much. I came home and did stuff I just don't remember exactly what. But before I knew it, it was time for bed. Raju bought a DVD player for the bedroom and rented some movies. We watched 500 days of Summer. I fell asleep during it, but from what I remember it was cute.
Saturday started off with a trip to the grocery store and bulk barn to stock up on items to make lunch and breakfast for next week. At home I was in the kitchen where I made homemade applesauce, apple muffins and cranberry muffins. All wheat and sugar free. I tried the muffins and was totally prepared for it to be gross but was pleasantly surprised (hence the name of my post). Raju and I had felt that we hadn't had a good home cooked meal so we made a good lunch. Steak, seared scallops and a fruit salsa.
Saturday evening we headed to Raju's Uncle and Aunt's house. His cousin recently had a baby and it was a party to welcome the baby. It was a nice evening but we didn't get home until 11:00p.m. Raju found the energy to go out to another party but I headed up to bed.
This morning we headed to the Gudwara for another family function (1 yr. birthday blessing). Afterwards, as we were in Scarborough we headed to Camilla's for a visit with her, my parents and the boys. Back at home, Raju headed to his friends to watch football and I threw in some laundry, vacuumed and jumped on the trampoline. Needless to say, I'm pretty hungry. So I'm off to have some yummy leftovers and then do some work.
No comments:
Post a Comment