Monday, January 4, 2010

Another good start

Today was the first day back to work since Christmas Eve. I had gotten used to sleeping in until 8:30/9:00 (as opposed to 6:00) and sometimes even taking a nap in the afternoon.
One thing I want to try and do is take my lunch more often. I'm going to start easy and say that I have to take it at least twice a week. If I take it more then that's an added bonus.
I'm happy I started the week off right with my lunch. Pasta shells stuffed with spinach, ricotta and cottage cheese and salad (leftovers from birthday dinner). I also took a ton of sweets we had in the house to work and had all my co-workers eat it. I have lots more so they are going to be enjoying treats for the next couple of weeks.
At work, I cleared out my top filing cabinet and got rid of things I hadn't looked at in over a year. By the end of the day my cabinet was much lighter and I had my to do list ready for the rest of the week.
At home as I watched General Hospital I dragged out the trampoline and bounced on it at the same time. It wasn't a heavy duty workout but I felt better nonetheless that I did some activity.
My other good start was no pop today. I'm thinking of trying Di's no sugar, no wheat diet in a couple of weeks so she's going to set me up with a plan to get started but I figure it doesn't hurt to cut some of the bad stuff out now.
Let's see if I can keep up healthy choices for 2010.

2 comments:

Princess Di said...

Woo hooo, you can do it Saadia!

randstarr said...

bouncing around on a ball while watching general hospital!!??? hmmm, lucky ball!