Monday, January 11, 2010

Food poisoning

I guess all my eating out had to catch up with me sometime. That happened at about 3:15 this morning when I got out of bed very definitely feeling unwell. I went to the bathroom, still didn't feel well, so came downstairs for ginger ale (yes, I had to break my no pop rule). I poured a tiny bit in a cup and made it back upstairs. Raju had woken up and thought I was awake because he was snoring. I was barely able to tell him that was not the case before I had to run to the bathroom. Suffice it to say it was not a pretty sight. I had the worst next couple of hours feeling really sick and not know what to do about it. Lying on the bathroom floor didn't help but I couldn't leave the bathroom. Finally at 7:30 ish I was able to sleep for a few hours. I woke up at 9:15 and realized I needed to call into the office. I could barely make it down the stairs so Raju thankfully made some calls for me.
I then proceeded to head back to bed where I slept until 3:30p.m. I called Raju to let him know I was alive and then my parents. Coincidentally they are also not feeling well. Camilla mentioned that I may have Norwalk as that seems to be going around as well.
Whatever it is, it's not good so I hope to be on the mend soon. In the meantime I'll try to look on the bright side and think that I'm losing weight.
It's such a shame as yesterday we had a great day. We started off with brunch at Jay and Jenn and then the boys took a couple of runs down Riverdale Hill. When we got home I got busy. I made Challah bread and shepherd's pie for lunch this week. I also made fish for dinner. We filled up our propane tank and I did some paperwork. Now I don't even want to look at food. Guess I'll be freezing everything so it doesn't go to waste

2 comments:

sally said...

YIKES! Hope you're feeling better soon!!

Kimber said...

feel better soon... not a great way to loose weight!