Saturday, January 21, 2012

50 Book Challenge Wrap Up

I didn't quite reach my goal of reading 50 books last year but got pretty close.  I managed two more books in December.
 A Girlfriends Guide to Surviving the First Year of Motherhood - Vicki Iovine
I had read A Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy so Camilla lent me this one too.  I didn't really find it as enjoyable or as useful as the first one.  I guess it was still an easier read then some of the more technical type books though.  I find I get better information from my real girlfriends.

On the Night You Were Born - Nancy Tillman
We received this as a gift for Samara.  I've been trying to read it every night to her as it's a very cute story. 









That brings my grand total to 43.  Just 7 books short of my goal.  However, if the point of this challenge was to read more I think I did that.  I also read my monthly magazine of Real Simple which if I wanted to stretch things would add another 12 'books' to my total.  I'm glad I did this as I read some interesting books and some not so interesting ones.  Now when I look back on my blogs for this year I can remind myself of what I liked and did not like.  I've included links to all the book blogs for 2011 in case you want a recap.
January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November
December - see this post

No comments: