The Secret Daughter - Author: Shilip S Gowda - This book was about a woman in India who had to give up her daughter and the American family (American woman and Indian Man) who adopts this child. I was in the bookstore looking at books and a gentleman recommended it. I identified with the American woman as she was unable to carry a child to term and I could understand her feelings of frustration. It was a good story of people finding themselves and moving on from their 'tragedies'. Was it the best book I have read? No, but it wasn't the worst either. However, if you are ever planning on visiting India, this book didn't inspire me to want to visit there so be forewarned.
Who Killed Change? - Authors: Ken Blanchard, John Britt, Judd Joekstra & Pat Zigarmi - When I was at the conference in Orlando I was looking for materials on dealing with change. I came across this book. It was written in a story format and is to be used to get across all the elements that need to be involved for change to be successfully implemented in an organization. I found it more confusing than anything and would not really recommend it.
In your Hands - The Behaviours of a World Class Leader - Author: Phil Geldart- I finally finished this huge book (760 pages). I started it in February and have read it cover to cover. I think it's meant more as a reference book. It was given to our leaders a few years ago. It's probably better as a reference book, because to be honest I can't really remember all the information that I read in February. It is laid out well and easy to follow which I like. I'm curious as to whether any of our leaders actually use it though.
No comments:
Post a Comment