Sunday, February 5, 2012

Where does the time go?

Oh my goodness, I can't believe we have already completed one month of the year.  Time seems to go by so much more quickly now than when we were young.  I think my brain cells have also gone as I am trying to think back and figure out what I have done.
On January 31st, my parents babysat so that Raju and I could have our first date night since Samara was born.  We didn't make reservations anywhere, we just hopped on the streetcar and headed up to the Danforth.  We ended up at Libretto Pizzeria.  There is one located on the west side of town that Raju had been to, so he wanted to check out this location.  We started off with a mushroom pasta dish and lamb risotto balls.  They were both good but we really enjoyed the mushroom pasta.  Raju got an arugula and prosciutto pizza while I tried something different and got duck confit and pear pizza.  It was ok but nothing special.  I probably would not order that again.  It was a really nice evening out though and I quite enjoyed being able to eat with both hands and not have to leave my dinner half way to tend to a baby.  It's something we are hoping to do at least once a month.
I attended Diana's Stella and Dot party.  Of course my intentions were to not buy anything but the pieces were so pretty I broke down and bought a couple of items.  I was going to buy more but talked myself out of some pieces that I knew I wouldn't wear very often.  And being on EI I guess I should watch how I spend my money.
Trish introduced me to a sight called Pinterest. It's where you can create pinboards of things you find interesting and view others boards as well.  I'm still getting the hang of it but I can see how I could waste a lot of time perusing other people's boards and interests.  It's a great way to find ideas for recipes, photography, crafts and just about anything.  This is the link to my boards ( http://pinterest.com/srayman/) as you can see I don't have much yet.  In time I'll fill my pin boards with lots of things and hopefully things that others find interesting too.
That's my update for now.

No comments: