Friday, July 1, 2011

June Books

Bossypants - Author:  Tina Fey
This was an enjoyable read.  I could actually hear her voice telling the stories.  I read it on the iPad and it had links to pictures that you could click on.  In some ways I liked that but in others not so much.  I think I just like things to be in order and I don't want to be clicking all over the place to find other information.
I found it informative too, and found out fun facts about Tina Fey.  I'm not sure how true or exaggerated some of the stories were though.  It's a book I would recommend if you like Tina Fey and her sense of humour.





Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy - Author:  Vicki Iovine
As far as pregnancy books go this was a good one.  It was just written in layman terms of what to expect and not all technical with medical terminology.  It was also humourous.  For the most part I was ok, until it got to "Labour and Delivery".  At that point, I wasn't so sure I wanted to go through that part of pregnancy.  I guess it's a bit late to turn back now.







The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Author: A.A. Milne
I know I've already read a Winnie the Pooh Book earlier this year on the iPad.  This was an actual book that had 4 stories in it.  They were different from what I had read before.  This time I read them out loud to the baby.  I realized as I was reading it, that this is a sad set of characters.  Eeyore is always depressed, Owl talks just to talk, Winnie the Pooh is not the brightest bulb in the package, and Tigger just jumps around all over the place.  I'm not sure they are such good role models for a child.



Love You Forever - Author:  Robert Munsch
An oldy and a goody.  This I also read to baby.  I have received two copies of it.  I hear it is a book that is read over and over and over again, so when one gets worn out I'll have a back-up copy.









Break on Through - Author:  Jill Murray
This has been on our bookshelf for a while so I decided to read it.  It's written by a friends ex-girlfriend.  Geared towards the tween crowd, its' about a high-school b-girl who moves from downtown Toronto to the Suburbs and her adjustment to her new life.  It was ok, but I found the main character to be really whiny and self-absorbed.  I guess it's a good book to teach the kids lessons on not 'judging a book by it's cover', and that life isn't fair, and you have to deal with changes.






Betty and Veronica Double Digest #166 - I need my Archie fix sometimes.









Jughead Double Digest #146 - See comment above.

No comments: