Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Books

I managed 4 books this month but have to admit I'm slowing down.  I don't have much time to read and am tired a lot so when I have down time I like to nap.  I'm still trying though and I still have time to reach my 50 books by the end of the year.

An Object of Beauty - Steve Martin
A few months ago I read an excerpt from one of his books in a magazine.  It wasn't bad so I decided to get one of his books.  I couldn't remember the name so took a shot.  It was interesting that he wrote what I would consider a chick book.  It was ok but had a lot of references to art (with illustrations).  If you are an art person you might like that but I'm not so interested in it so found a bit of the book boring.  I guess I could look at it as educating myself about art but I just wanted some enjoyment.  I'm also pretty sure it's not the one I started reading in the magazine.  All in all, it was ok, but I wouldn't run out to read it.




I continued on my Nero Wolfe mysteries and read three of them.  They were all in one book but since they were 3 separate stories, I'm considering it 3 different books.

Bitter End
Frame-Up for Murder
Assault on a Brownstone

 I enjoyed these ones a bit more.  I'm not sure if I enjoyed the stories more or if the characters are just starting to grow on me.  Raju said that there used to be a TV series.  I would be interested to see a few episodes to see how the characters are depicted in it.  Maybe something I'll look into when I'm off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you were looking for "Shopgirl". I read that one and quite liked it. Maybe we could swap! - Di