Friday, April 1, 2011

March Books

You would think that with not a lot going on last month I would have been able to burn through some books.  Unfortunately that was not the case.  I only managed 2.

The Book of Negroes - Author:  Lawrence Hill
This book follows the life of a female african slave.  I thought it was written very will and sometimes had to remember it was just fiction.  I also would forget that the author was actually a man.  It is a book that I have heard about for years but hadn't gotten around to reading.  I'm glad I finally did.







The Christmas Cookie Club - Author:  Ann Pearlman
I was in the bookstore and it was only $5.00 (actually less with my irewards card) so I picked it up.  I'm also attracted to baking type books and stories.  This book is about a group of women who do a Christmas cookie exchange every year.  Each chapter begins with a cookie recipe and then it has the story of the woman who made those cookies and her relationship with the narrator/hostess.  It's not an award winning book but was an easy enough read.





Next month will be much better.  I actually have a few books on the go (not all of them fiction) so I should be wrapping them up in the next couple of weeks too.

No comments: