Tuesday, November 1, 2011

October Reads

Spin - Catherine McKenzie
I received this in a Swag Bag from the Hello Tiff party.  It is about a girl who likes to party and ends up in rehab for a story but as it turns out is something she really needs herself.  This follows her journey of 28 days.  It's ok, not an award winner but easy to read.
I Like You- Hospitality Under the Influence - Amy Sedaris
I started reading this at the beginning of the year.  I think it is a recipe book but also has some helpful hospitality advice.  Amy Sedaris is a comedian so some of the advice I may not take but some of it did seem to make sense.  I did not try any of the recipes yet either as I wasn't sure how serious she was.  They look normal enough though so they must be good.  I found it to be an amusing read and will probably try some of her things.  I have her next book Simple Times that I will be starting on soon.
The Essential Calvin and Hobbes - Bill Watterson
This has been on the book shelf for a while.  Sometimes it's nice to just read comics.  Calvin has such a different perspective on life that's refreshing and amusing.  It reminds you to take the time to enjoy life and not take it too seriously.
Your Pregnancy Week by Week - Glade B. Curtis, Judith Schuler
Diana lent me this book when we announced we were pregnant.  I was reading it week by week not wanting to get ahead of myself.  Now that we are at the end I have finished the book.  I don't remember every single detail in it, but it did help to understand as our pregnancy was developing.






This now takes me to 41 books. Just 9 more to go, to reach my goal.  I'm not sure if I'll make it but I'm definitely going to try.

No comments: