This book probably sounds familiar as I noticed the commercials are out for the movie. I liked it, but it wasn't one of my favourite books. The book is written from the perspective of three different people. I did like that the story continued moving with the same chapter and they didn't rehash the same thing just from the different points of view.The Rubber Band - Author: Rex Stout
Raju has a few books about a private investigator Nero Wolfe who rarely leaves his house. I like mystery novels and Private detectives so decided to give it a try. This story/caper was just ok and Raju says others are better so I'm going to give a few more a try and see how I feel about 'Nero Wolfe' and his sidekick Archie. I'll be starting The Red Box next.
Some Girls - My life in a Harem - Author: Jillian Lauren
I bought this on the way to Aruba but did not get a chance to read it while I was there. I did still manage to fit it in for one of this month's read. Again, not a stellar book. Just an easy read. It was about this girl and how she ended up in a Harem. Not deep at all. Unless you are looking for something to pass the time away (and even then I'm not sure) it's really not worth it. I didn't hate it, but I didn't find it that memorable either. It was supposed to 'highlight' the life of someone in a harem, but I found it just fell flat.

No comments:
Post a Comment