Thursday, January 27, 2011

50 Book Challenge

I was reading many of your blogs and you were talking about cutting out sugar and losing weight.  I too need to do some of these things but I have a different goal that I will be working on this year as well.  Raju mentioned a 50 book challenge.  It's where people try to read 50 books in a year.  Some create blogs and post the books and links.  I'll keep you updated with a monthly total on my blog.
For January I've already finished 6 books.
1.  The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo - Author Stieg Larsson (I didn't quite enjoy this as much as Kim did.  It was ok, but I'm not rushing out to read the other two.)
2.  Hunger Games - Author - Suzanne Collins (1st book in a Trilogy.  I liked it.  Action packed but a little disturbing.  Kids are put in arena to fight to their death.)
3.  Room - Author - Emma Donoghue (I had high hopes for this book as it had gotten so many good reviews and a few awards I think. It was ok, but did not live up to the hype for me.)
4.  Gods Behaving Badly - Author - Marie Phillips - (I found this on our bookshelf.  I'm not sure where Raju picked this up, but the Gods behaved VERY badly.  It was an amusing book that I enjoyed for some light reading)
5.  Catching Fire - Author - Suzanne Collins (2nd book in the Hunger Games trilogy.  More drama and fighting and kept my attention to read it quickly)
6.  Mockingjay - Author - Suzanne Collins (3rd book in the Hunger Games trilogy and my least favourite.  Most of the book was fine, but the last 3rd I struggled through.  I just wanted it to end and finally it did.)

This reminds me of when I was little and in the summer my Mom would take us to the library and sign us up for reading club (or whatever it was called).  We had to try and read as many books as we could.  I wish I could remember how many I was able to read.

Stay tuned for my February update.

No comments: