Oh my goodness, how did it get to be almost the middle of January. I thought being at home I'd have lots of time to blog but it seems I have less. Samara wants to be held a lot and we have also been having computer issues so getting down to updating my blog has been a little difficult. As she is with her Daddy right now, I thought I'd take the opportunity to reflect back on the holidays and what we did. I'll try to remember but my brain is old and not what it used to be.
Prior to Christmas we went to Diana's and had a baking party. Samara got to visit with Marley, Jacen and Sully. I loved this baking party because all I had to do was taste the yummy cookies afterwards. I do have to admit that I really miss baking and once I get into a schedule and am able to have Samara lie down or play on her own for longer than 10 min. I'll be back in my kitchen trying some different recipes.
Christmas Eve we had our usual gathering at Fariena's place. It's great and the kids get to open some of their presents. As always it was crazy though and I don't even know if the kids even know everything they got. My parents spent the night at Fariena's so Raju, Samara and I woke up on Christmas morning, got in the car (in my PJ's) and headed back for breakfast. As long as I can remember I've been eating breakfast with my parents. I know it will end but I want to keep the tradition going as long as possible. I also like my Mom's tasty garlic chicken (yes...we eat it for breakfast). Back at home, Raju, Samara and I opened our presents. I received two more lovely charms from Tiffany for my charm bracelet. In the afternoon both sets of parents and Suzi came over. I was still in my PJ's and didn't really think there was any need to change out of them.
It was a very low key day that I really enjoyed. Next year may be a bit different with Samara older but I think it won't be until she is 2 or 3 that she will understand the whole concept of Christmas.
Raju was at home between Christmas and New Years which was nice. We didn't do anything too crazy. Just continued to keep things low key which was just fine with me.
I blogged about New Year's in which we just stayed in. New Year's Eve we managed to watch all 4 Die Hards and the 2 Transformer movies. On New Year's Day we had our traditional Rayman get together. We met the newest baby (Benjamin Jose Obando). My cousin had him on December 17th. We keep trying to remember how long this get together has been going on, but can't figure it out. It just seems second nature to us all. It's always a treat to hang out with the family.
I don't have pictures to post at the moment as we are still working out our computer issues. Once we do I'll post some.
No comments:
Post a Comment