Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Williams Sonoma scores again...

Tonight I got my cookbook out again and tried a new recipe. It was super easy and tasty. Chicken with mushrooms. Obviously you need to like mushrooms to enjoy this recipe. I quite liked the fact that the sauce didn't have any cream in it. Just mushroom, chicken stock and cooking sherry.

I also thought I should update you on the Raccoon situation. When last I wrote about them they had gone their merry way. Sunday, however we awoke to find them (mother and babies) back again. This time instead of chasing the mother away, Raju uncovered the window well so it was open to the light and we waited it out. Eventually the mother went away, presumably to find another spot. While she was not around, Raju put the branch back down. When Mommy raccoon returned she would pick up a baby in her mouth, climb out using the branch, wander through our backyard and into our neighbours. We only saw her do this with one baby but by the end of the afternoon they were all gone. She obviously found a better place for them and we figured out a way to keep them away.

No comments: